Enjoy your Thanksgiving in 2022 immersed in a culinary tour of the Irish west coast. You will experience some of the finest scenery, accommodation and food that Ireland has to offer.
This incredible tour of Ireland is brought to you by Good Food Ireland® in conjunction with our tour operator – Journey’s Connect.
“Céad Míle Fáilte”.
This 9-Day Good Food Ireland® Tour is a Culinary & Cultural journey that takes you on a tour of the Irish Coast, viewing our dramatic sceneries, and hearing about our history. Most importantly, this tour allows you to get to know Ireland by mouth. Every place has been tried and tested by our team before being approved to the Good Food Ireland® collection.
You will taste the best food produced and cooked on the island. Irish cuisine has deep roots in its history, and this is reflected in the respect with which producers and chefs treat the ingredients to create stunning dishes made with local and seasonal produce. With this tour, we give you a true taste of our Ireland.
Tour Ireland This Thanksgiving
Good Food Ireland® Tour - Thanksgiving Itinerary
DAY 1 ARRIVE IN DUBLIN, IRELAND:
Welcome to Ireland! After collecting your bags, you will meet with your driver in the arrival’s hall at Dublin Airport. You have arrived to the Land of a Hundred Thousand Welcomes or “Céad Míle Fáilte” as we say over here. We have one goal and that is to mind you and show you some of the things we love so much about Ireland! No good story ever started with an empty stomach and so first things first, we’re off to a local pub for your first full Irish breakfast of the week – Mulligan’s of Sandymount. What’s a full Irish breakfast, you wonder? Well, we think it’s the most delicious start to any great day, imagine grilled sausages and bacon, fried eggs, black & white pudding, roasted tomatoes, fried mushrooms and some baked beans to keep it traditional. Add toast with lashings of proper Irish butter, some tea and coffee and you’ve got the idea. It will keep you warm and well fed and will set you up for a magnificent day of sightseeing and discovery. From there, you will head into the Wicklow Mountains, to Glendalough where you will learn about St. Kevin’s 6th century monastery in the Glendalough Visitor Centre. Should you wish, you can take a walk through the deep valley to view the picturesque ruins of a round tower, churches and Celtic crosses. Glendalough offers the most magic views and weather permitting, you can even bathe your feet in the lake!
Later, you will continue to BrookLodge Hotel & Macreddin Village where you stay for the night and are free to relax in the afternoon before dinner. This evening enjoy dinner in the hotel’s famous and multi award-winning Strawberry Tree Restaurant, Ireland’s first certified organic restaurant and approved to Good Food Ireland® since 2011. Reflecting the seasons, this mouth-watering culinary experience will feature delicious organic and wild foods, many from nearby farms and surrounding lanes.
Submit an Inquiry to Journeys Connect
A representative from Journey’s Connect will follow up with you within 2 days.
Summary Of Hotels
- Wicklow – 1 night, 4-Star BrookLodge Hotel
- Cork – 2 nights, 5-Star Hayfield Manor Hotel
- Killarney – 2 nights, 4-Star International Hotel
- Adare – 1 night, 4-Star Fitzgerald’s Woodlands House Hotel
- Dublin – 2 nights, 4-Star Brooks Hotel
Food & Tasting Experiences
- Full Irish breakfast daily, including breakfast on the day of arrival in Mulligan’s Pub in Sandymount
- Dinner in The Strawberry Tree Restaurant, BrookLodge
- Morning coffee or tea with traditional home-baked scones in Johnstown Castle Estate
- Lunch in GIY HQ Café, Waterford
- Dinner in Hayfield Manor
- Lunch in Ballymaloe House
- Smoked Irish Salmon Experience in Ummera Smokehouse
- Lunch in The Church Restaurant, Skibbereen
- Dinner in The International Hotel
- Lunch in The Smugglers Inn, Waterville
- Irish Whiskey Tasting Experience in Killarney
- Tasting of the famous Cromane Oysters in County Kerry
- Dingle Bay Fish ‘n Chips lunch in The Fish Box, Dingle
- Dinner in Fitzgerald’s Woodlands House Hotel
- Special Good Food Ireland® packed picnic at the Cliffs of Moher
- Dinner in Francesca’s Restaurant, Brooks Hotel
- Dinner in Ely Wine Bar, Dublin
Other Experiences & Inclusions
- Enjoy a Small Group Experience with a maximum of 25 guests on this tour
- Luxury motorcoach with services of a professional Irish driver/guide
- Visit Glendalough in County Wicklow
- Visit the 19th Century Johnstown Castle Estate, Museum and Gardens
- Visit the House of Waterford Crystal
- Guided walking tour of Cobh, County Cork
- Guided walking tour of Ballymaloe’s Organic Farm and Gardens
- Ring of Kerry Excursion
- Dingle Peninsula Excursion
- Visit the Cliffs of Moher
- Visit the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin
- Hotel porterage
- Portfolio of electronic documents
Friday, November 18 – $3,599.00
Private Group Departures:
Year-round private group departures are available on request. Submit a Request.
Above are Land Start Dates in Dublin, Ireland. Prices are per person land only and based on two people sharing a room. Single Room Supplement: $1,400. This Small Group Journey is based on a minimum of 12 participants to operate, with a maximum of 25 participants. Good Food Ireland® and Journeys Connect reserve the right to cancel or reschedule any departure with fewer than 12 participants. Please review our full terms and conditions prior to booking.
About Our Tour Operator
Good Food Ireland® is delighted to partner with US-based tour operator, Journeys Connect for our Exclusive Good Food Ireland® Culinary & Cultural Tour – South 2022. Benefitting from over 34 years of experience, Owner and President, Marc Kavanagh shares our mission to not just meet customer expectations, but to exceed them.
Expertise, reliability, flexibility and trust are the foundations on which their services are built. With a dedicated team, they work to understand as much as possible your holiday goals and needs and are committed to delivering excellence.
Journeys Connect is an active member of the United States Tour Operators Association. They also provide competitive group airfares in combination with our land package and have contracts with most of the major US and International air carriers.
Why Book A Good Food Ireland® Tour
Every experience is reviewed by Good Food Ireland to ensure each meets our high-quality standards
Because they are the very best adventure partner and we know our food!
Our tour prices do not include flights, travel insurance or Dublin accommodation
- Guaranteed booking price
- Amazing guides!
- All taxes & vat
- Responsible tours
- Loads of Laughs