|Number of Participants||
1-2, 3-5, 6-9, 10-15
Hands on Beekeeping Tour on Family Farm
Come and see the inner workings of a hive, the process of honey-making and sample our quality products. Learn about the importance of bees in the ecosystem and food chain.
€50.00 – €150.00
WHAT YOU’LL GET
Noel is a 3rd generation beekeeper on his family farm in the natural and unspoilt Slieve Aughty Mountains in the West of Ireland. Like every other traditional skill, the knowledge of beekeeping is handed down through generations.
To hear Noel, speak about his bees is like listening to a passionate storyteller weaving a magical tale. When he says the bees defy the whole dynamics of normal flight, it makes you want to immediately go and see it happening.
You will be warmly welcomed by Noel to his family farm as you suit up to be introduced to his bees.
He talks animatedly about his bees, the hives, the history, and the cooperation with the local farming neighbours. The area is rich in natural unspoilt beauty, full of heather bogs and wildflowers, each of their own season.
And each plays an important role in the life cycle of his bees. You will even find out what you can do to make a bee-friendly garden.
As you crack open a hive and learn about the life of the bees, see the pollen and larvae, and learn how it all works and how Noel extracts and prepares the honey to be eaten.
You will taste some samples of honey, an elixir of fragrant flavours and nuances, gained from the wild heathers, wildflowers and shrubs which dominate the Sliabh Aughty range. Now here is a real taste of Galway in a jar!
- 1 -2 persons € 150 pp
- 3 to 5 persons € 100 pp
- 6 to 9 persons € 60 pp
- 10 to 15 persons € 50 pp
- Come and see the inner workings of a hive, the process of honey-making and sample our quality products. Learn about the importance of bees in the ecosystem and food chain. This is a hands-on tour where you will put on a bee suit and get to see the hive close up.
- The tour is great fun for people of all ages, especially kids, and we can also cater for those attempting to face a fear of bees.
- Experience is available from Mid April until the end of September
- Available Monday to Friday 11 am to 1 pm.
- Per Person pricing is discounted depending on the number of participants.
- Must wear boots or wellies and long-sleeved tops.
- To book, simply contact the experience provider directly to arrange your preferred date and time.
- Small Groups
BOOKING YOUR EXPERIENCE
Once you have purchased your experience you can book with the Host Member directly. If you need to know further information about the experience or have any specific questions. Remember, at all times we are here to help you with booking our range of experiences, so you can contact us by filling out the form on our Contact Us and we will get back to you either on the day or the next working day.
The Host Member’s specific contact information including telephone number, location and directions to the experience will be provided on confirmation of your booking.
ADDRESS & CONTACT DETAILS
+353 (0) 83 478 0022
You May Also Like