Ireland’s Only Blackcurrant & Horse Breeding Farm Tour & Tasting – Wexford
You’ll see the hedgehog piles, the bird boxes and wildlife habitats that all contribute to sustainable production as well as the young horses and breeding mares that graze the land.
*Minimum of 10 people required to book this experience
WHAT YOU’LL GET
Discover the workings of a blackcurrant farm as Des and his two golden retrievers Molly and Sofie (don’t worry they are very friendly) take you on a tour through the fascinating life cycle of his blackcurrants and learning how these Irish berries became interwoven in Wexford’s cultural history.
You’ll see the hedgehog piles, the bird boxes and wildlife habitats that all contribute to sustainable production as well as the young horses and breeding mares that graze the land. You can even give a carrot to Tom, Sooty and Beauty, the farm’s donkeys.
On returning to the farmyard and home, you will enjoy a delicious blackcurrant cocktail (non-alcoholic)
- Tour of the blackcurrant farm
- Tasting of a non-alcoholic cocktail made from the berries grown and harvested on the farm
- Start time – 10 am (Can be arranged to suit on Request)
- Available Monday-Friday until 31 October 2021
- This is a farm walk so come prepared for all weathers.
- The ground is mainly flat, and the walking pace won’t be too fast, but be prepared to cover 3.2km (2 miles) across the grassland.
- The tour is not ideal for children under 8 years old due to the walking distance.
- As it’s a working farm, children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Language: English
- Group Size: Minimum 10 People
- Solo Travellers
- Small Groups
BOOKING YOUR EXPERIENCE
Once you have purchased your experience you can book with the Host Member directly. If you need to know further information about the experience or have any specific questions. Remember, at all times we are here to help you with booking our range of experiences, so you can contact us by filling out the form on our Contact Us and we will get back to you either on the day or the next working day.
The Host Member’s specific contact information including telephone number, location and directions to the experience will be provided on confirmation of your booking.
The farm is located off the N25 road, south of Wexford town. Take the turn off the N25 is opposite the Coal Bunker Pub and drive about 2 minutes down the road to reach the farm.
ADDRESS & CONTACT DETAILS
+353 87 286 7455
You may also like…
€35.00 – €40.00