Armagh, Northern Ireland
Cider Experience and Cooking Demo with Granny’s Traditional Griddle Bread in Co. Armagh
Enjoy a fully immersive, interactive orchard/cider experience set in the beautiful Orchard County of Armagh. Learn about the heritage of apple growing and the history of the McKeever farm.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
Enjoy a fully immersive, interactive orchard/cider experience set in the beautiful Orchard County of Armagh. Walkthrough the McKeever Family’s various orchard plantations and experience the stunning apple blossom in May or the laden apple trees at harvest in September/October. Learn about the heritage of apple growing in Armagh and the history of the McKeever farm – how 3 generations later their orchards are producing award-winning ciders, apple juices and apple cider vinegar, in the 21st Century. Learn about the production process of these award-winning products.
Follow the orchard path to their glass-fronted Bramley Barn & enjoy a cooking demo of traditional griddle bread. Sit back and relax with hot soda farls straight off the griddle with local cheese and chutneys, and of course, there’s always the opportunity to taste their award-winning craft artisan ciders & apple juice.
- Orchard walk explains various orchard plantations, mature trees, dwarf trees, and fruit wall systems. Information on pruning, harvesting and yield
- Visit apple cider vinegar room to include information on the process and benefits as well as tastings
- Visit apple cold storage facilities where apples are stored from harvest, opportunity to taste the apples in storage
- Information on the cider making process as well as tastings of fresh apple juice straight from the press (takes place intermittently throughout the year)
- Opportunity to pick and taste apples from the trees (August-October)
- Tastings of award-winning products include craft ciders, apple juice and apple cider vinegar.
- Refreshments and tastings are served in glass-fronted Bramley Barn set in the heart of the orchard
- Opportunity to purchase local artisan products
- Please note this experience takes place on set days, which are as follows: May 8th 2022, June 4th 2022, July 9th 2022, July 23rd 2022, August 13th 2022, September 24th 2022 and October 8th 2022.
- The experience is situated on a working farm
- Outdoor clothing & footwear recommended
- Indoor & outdoor experience
- Some walking over uneven surfaces included
- Free parking
- Child (aged 6-17) ticket: €33
- Duration: 2-2.5 hours
- Language: English
- Group Size: Maximum of 20 People
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- It is a seasonal experience running between March-October
- Not available November, December, January, February
BOOKING YOUR EXPERIENCE
Once you have purchased your experience you can book with the Host Member directly. If you need to know further information about the experience or have any specific questions. Remember, at all times we are here to help you with booking our range of experiences, so you can contact us by filling out the form on our Contact Us and we will get back to you either on the day or the next working day.
The Host Member’s specific contact information including telephone number, location and directions to the experience are below.
ADDRESS & CONTACT DETAILS
Long Meadow Farm
87 Loughgall Road
+353 53 9158693